Monday 8 June 2015

The Ripple Effect

So, I woke up one morning and I find all the most littlest things ticking me off. Like literally getting into my nerves.

'Just yesterday, things were fine. What is going on today?', I thought to myself.

Going on and off with my mode swings as if I have PMS, I tried to get myself together.

As I was getting a little calmer, things just had to pop up to stir my emotions once again.

Someone text me asking if I can help her out with something. It's actually basic simple stuffs that I know I can do.

But I was feeling sleepy at that moment, which in turned became cranky and because the way she asked for my help was something I was not happy with, I turned into full rage.

I replied her,

"Ur annoying me... I want to sleep for a while... is it possible to ask some1 else?"

After I replied her that, I felt better. I felt so proud of myself because my mentor said we need to express ourselves and be truthful. So, it felt great to be truthful.

Until I spoke to my mentor that very same day and bang! I was soooo wrong.

It is true that I should express myself at the moment and be truthful but I forgot to use something very important before doing both of that - which is to use SIEP.


According to him, if I had used SIEP, my reply would be totally different. I would have replied something like this for an instance,

"To be truthful, I'm not very happy in helping you as that is part of your job. But I will help out this time. Hopefully, this will not happen again."

Huge difference from my previous reply, right?

That's when guiltiness came by as I realise, I am not so wise with my words... yet. And to make things worst, that person's mood was horrible that day, it just added more to my guiltiness.

And something else hit me too. It became more apparent to me about my mentor's explanation in his book - THE SEVEN BASIC LAWS OF NATURE about the Law of Cause and Effect where every thoughts, words and actions produce a ripple effect to you and everyone else thoughts, words and actions. And it just continues from that one single thing.

Isn't this a very familiar scenario that occurs in most of our lives? We say something because we are clouded with certain emotions and the next thing we know - relationships are broken, friends stop talking to each other and people say they're moving on without clearing things out between them.

If you're asking for a solution, there's one I can give - SIEP. But the truth is, all of us already know what we can do to make things better.

By the way, here's what I did after sending out my negative ripple effect. At that very same day, an hour later when that person was a bit calm, I called her to a corner intending to speak to her.

The very first thing I told her was, "Can I hug you?"

As I hugged her, I apologised for reacting to her words instead of responding. I explained to her what my mentor explained to me about the whole scenario. And apologised a few more times and told her, "It was a lesson for me for not using SIEP".

I'm not perfect which means I may not get everything right. But sometimes, these kind of lessons come by to knock your head and say, 'Hey! You better be practising whatever you learn... Or Nature is gonna come and kick your butt!' LOL !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment